Friday, May 6, 2011

DIY Chalkboard

I know this is so overdone in the whole blogging world.  But I was proud of myself for actually following through and trying it out.  :)    I have to say it was a lot of fun!   I just may be turning many old frames, platters, ect. into chalkboards.  
 Maybe it's the old teacher coming out in me 


take one of your old frames, or in my case new frames that I always seem to think I need because it's on clearance -Nadia :)


Add a little Chalkboard paint from Hobby Lobby  (don't forget your 40% off coupon) 
Spray paint the glass from your frame.  Two coats should do the job.



And viola!  A new menu for the kitchen! 


Just something fun and new to add to the kitchen,  I'm thinking it might help me in grocery shopping if we actually do make a real menu for the week. 


" Um, carrots were not on the menu mom"


3 comments:

  1. Why is there an apostrophe in tacos????

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh. There are specks on the board cause I tried to make it look distressed. That speck happened to be there. I just checked. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That speck is conveniently in both locations on the word "tacos?"

    ReplyDelete