There aren't any scenic lakes, bubbly springs or rolling hills.
Living out on the northwest side does give us a little taste of the country, but definitely NOT enough.
The one thing I will give Houston props for is it has some pretty good food.
I've been wanting to post a little list of favorite dining spots...so here we go!
A few of our favorite places to dine in Houston.
These won't be in a particular order, because lets face it, my cravings change from day to day :)
- Christians Tailgate Formally known as Christians Totem. We went there a few times during football season before baby, quite a few times during pregnancy and the above picture shows Jack's 2nd visit there. Needless to say a great place to hang out with friends and enjoy a great burger.
- Rockwell Tavern and Grill First place in Cypress we fell in love with. Never understood it's decor style inside but it didn't matter because the burgers were THAT good + they served amazing sweet potato fries. Recently I went in and saw that things are finally matching in there
- Love Shack - New to Cypress, and created by the former owner of Rockwell, yet another burger joint that is really good. Service has been a little sluggish there but I am just excited about the atmosphere in the summer, a huge back deck and plenty of play room for kids
- Lupe Tortillas - This place never gets old. However, the best location is of course the original
- Wood Fire Pizza - Only has one table to dine/wait at, but this is definitely a top pizza to enjoy at home
- HUGOS - Authentic Mexican Restaurant with a great atmosphere and amazing food. Lets just say I dream of this place daily
So if you are ever in this ginormous city, I may not be able to drive you through beautiful scenery but I definitely will drive you to some great food. Just ask my sister who during her last visit here, we ate at TWO different burger places back to back. :)
OH yes Houston is known for being the fattest city.
Hmm coincidence?!?
Hmm coincidence?!?
I think not.
I took that picture.
ReplyDelete