Sunday, April 17, 2011

special times we can't forget to post!


 Take a moment to watch, what I think is one of the most memorable videos.


Tony Melendez is someone my siblings and I grew up listening to.  I was so lucky  hear him play at the many conferences we attended as kids.    His testimony in life, as well as music, has always held a special place in my heart.   So much so, I wasn't afraid to run up to him in the middle of Marianfield, Germany during WYD 2005 just to tell him how much I loved his work. 

Even if  I had just woke up and hadn't showered in 2 days.












(for the record I wasn't the only one who hadn't showered..I think the rest of the 20 thousand + had a similar story)

Since seeing him in Germany,  I saw him again last Lenten season at St. Thomas University.  I had a little baby bump that I know enjoyed the music, as he gave me a few kicks to prove it. :)

This Lenten season,  Tony came back to St. Thomas University for the same show.  I thought this was a great opportunity to take Jack and well, start him off with the kind of things his Mama grew up with!



Yes,  I know he won't remember this.  But I sure will!  And it touched me so much to realize I can pass on the great memories I had as a child, growing up with such amazing influences!  Real American Idols, is what I like to say.  :) 

I just hope and pray that whatever comes your way Jack Anthony,  that you are as "courageous" as Tony was, not only in life but also in your faith! 








1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Beautiful! This post brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete